The Lombardi Award™ Virtual Sponsorship
- Sponsorship levels start at $1000. Support raised beyond the $1000 may be directed to your local chapter of ACS or a specific project/institution of your choosing in your local/regional area for cancer research.
- Clubs and districts are encouraged to host a "watch party" during the live streaming of the event or another collateral event of your choosing. For example, a casual gathering in a sports bar, private home or other venue appropriate for the type of event chosen. Suggest using this watch party or collateral event/activity to raise funds for cancer research in your community or regional area. Be creative and have fun while doing good - involve your Rotaract/Interactors!
- The Rotary Lombardi Award Committee, upon request, will attempt to secure a former winner, finalist or other sports figure to attend your watch party.
- Participants are provided a link to stream the event which may be used for an organized event or distributed to members.
- Participants are provided with a souvenir signed by all four finalists that they may use in the club fundraising.
- Clubs are provided a special digital logo that can be displayed on Rotary website.
- Listed in commemorative souvenir program on special Rotary page as well as Website. Sponsors will be sent a souvenir program. Opportunity for some “watch party” supporters to be seen on the large screen during the virtual portion of the program
- Participating Rotary clubs are asked to nominate a candidate for the 7 Blocks of Granite Champions that will be recognized at the event. (see below for explanation)
- Participants are entered into raffle for 2 VIP tickets to the 2024 Rotary Lombardi Award
Seven Blocks of Granite Champions
The Rotary Lombardi Award® will recognize 7 individuals through the 7 Blocks of Granite Champions. These are physicians, scientists, or philanthropists who have contributed at a significant level to cancer research. One of these 7 will be chosen from the pool of candidates nominated by the Rotary virtual sponsors.
Contact: RLA Virtual Sponsorship Chairs: Eric Liu email@example.com; , Michelle Bohreer firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve Werner, Rotarian & member of the Lombardi family email@example.com